I finally received half of my maternity order! My sister has kindly bought me some maternity clothing. When I say some, I mean basically an entire wardrobe. I took a few photos on my phone just to show her how they fit. They aren’t the greatest photos, but I am wearing awesome socks. Most of the things my sister got me are summer pieces, that I can layer for winter. Luckily this winter isn’t so cold. As a guide I used Audrey from Putting Me Together’s post on how to create a maternity capsule wardrobe. This has been a life-saver for me Audrey, thank you! Once the entire order has arrived, I will be able to show you more clearly on how I used this very handy guide!
- Three quarter sleeve striped shirt: This top is just amazing! It makes every outfit look so chic! It is the perfect striped top that I’ve been looking for all this time. I just hope I can find a non-maternity version for my permanent wardrobe.
- Bird print tank top: This top is slightly too big. The straps are slightly too long and I’m torn between just taking them in or leaving it, because who knows how big I’ll get.
- Chestnut coloured tank top: This fits really well and I can’t believe how this colour goes with everything! It just makes everything pop!
- Elephant print dress: This dress fits perfectly! I can’t wait to wear this. On the one hand I want to save it for something special and the other I just want to wear it all the time!
- Jeggings: These have convinced me that getting at least a few maternity pieces is a good idea! These are so comfortable!! Plus, they look better on me than my regular jeans!
- Because this order was taking so long to reach me, I went out and bought these two striped t-shirts. I originally got them to sleep in because my pyjamas were getting uncomfortable. And we all know pyjamas are never supposed to me uncomfortable! I like these tops so much, that I when one is being used as a sleeping top, the other is being worn out and about, like it was made for. The long sleeves also really help layering up my mostly summer maternity wardrobe.
- I also bought these extremely unflattering joggers. They are used as pyjamas and for yoga.
- The first maternity item I bought was a pair of black ponte trousers (not pictured). I wear them constantly and I’m sure they will get even more use as my regular trousers get a bit tight for me.
Well, there you have it. If I ever receive my second half of my order, then I’ll do an updated post. But in the meantime these items have stretched the use of my wardrobe far beyond what I thought they would!