I’ve been nominated for another Liebster award thanks to Sammi from Beautiful Dreamer. Thanks Sammi!!
So things have changed a bit since the last time I got nominated. And I now have to mention 11 random facts about myself. I am so bad at these, but here it goes!
- My favourite legend is the Arthurian/Merlin legend.
- By that I’m sure you can tell that I love Fantasy novels.
- I have 3 pets. Ginny, the most beautiful cat ever and two dogs, Amos & Archie.
- I’m the youngest of three.
- I grew up in the bush, so I know a lot of bird and plant names.
- I was part of an angler’s club and I was junior fisher(wo)man of the year 4 years running, I got trophies and everything. The club disbanded when I was old enough to be classified as a Senior. I’m sure that was no coincidence 😛
- I am not a fussy eater, and will eat pretty much anything.
- I dislike the term ‘artsy fartsy’.
- I am very messy.
- I talk A LOT. A real chatterbox!
- Even though once I get chatting I can’t stop, ironically I am quite shy!
Sammi has also asked 11 questions:
1- Where’s your favorite place to find inspiration?
When it comes to finding inspiration for my creative endeavours, I have no idea. I just get an idea and run with it. When it comes to outfits, Pinterest and other bloggers.
2- If you wear makeup, which 3 items (and their brands if you have a fav) are musts for you. If you don’t wear makeup, what’s your must-have skincare product/brand?
I do wear make-up, but I don’t have any ‘must have’ items. If you are a long time reader of this blog you know I often go without make-up, and I have many, many photos of myself on here with no make-up on at all. But as not to be a spoil sport I’ll say: Sunscreen (the highest factor I can find!), mascara (I’m not very brand loyal), lip balm ( I quite like Bobbi Brown or Carmex as a cheaper option).
3- What made you choose blogging over vlogging (YouTube), or vlogging over blogging, or if you do both which do you get the most enjoyment out of?
Vlogging is so far out of my comfort zone, I can’t imagine doing it! I’m far to shy for that! If you told me 3 years ago I’d have a personal style blog I would have told you that you are out-of-your-mind!! But here I am!
4- If you could travel to anywhere where would it be and why?
I used to live in Edinburgh, Scotland, so it would be nice to go see my friends there. My sister lives outside Cambridge (England) and of course I’d love to see her! She used to live in Paris and I just love Paris. I also have family in County Donegal, Ireland, so I’d love to visit them again. My husband’s family is originally from Italy, so I’d love to see where they come from.
5- If you’re married, did you wear the traditional all white dress? If you aren’t married do you plan to wed in a white dress?
Does Ivory count as white? I had a light ivory dress, the white just didn’t suit me. I did wear red shoes though.
6- What are your top 5 favorite stores (for clothing/accessories)?
- Dorothy Perkins (UK)
- Next (UK)
- Mr Price (SA)
- Woolworths (SA)
- Foschini (SA)
7- What item in your wardrobe do you consider your biggest splurge?
I just bought a whole lot of gemstone jewellery, so that I would say might be one of my biggest splurges.
8- What item in your wardrobe is your biggest steal/deal?
My Jo Borkett dress that I got brand new, with tags still on it. FOR FREE!!
9- Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have 3. Like I mentioned in my random facts. I have Ginny, the cat. Archie and Amos the dachshund/Maltese poodle/ something else mixes. They love making appearances in my photos, so I’m sure you’ve seen them.
10- Where are you from? Where are you now? Where, out of the two, would you rather be? (If you’ve lived the same place your whole life, is there anywhere else you think you’d enjoy living?)
I am from Zebediela, Limpopo Provence, South Africa. As I mentioned I lived in Edinburgh for a while. I now live in Pretoria, South Africa. It is hard to choose between Zeb and Pretoria because they are so different. Zebediela is very rural, and Pretoria is the capital so they each have their benefits. But as far as reality and practicality go, I guess Pretoria wins.
11- Can you touch your tongue to your nose? (And did you just try?)
No, I can’t and yes, I did!
My 9 nominees (Sjo guys, 11 is a lot. I tried, I really did!):
- AJ from AJ wears clothes
- Zhenya from BeingZhenya
- Megan from Ginger Snaps
- Jessica from Jeans and a Teacup
- Nadia from My Hartjie (I know I nominated you before!)
- Sarah from Sarah’s Real Life
- Miranda from Shop and Twirl (I also nominated you before).
- Alissa from The Adored Life
- Marie from The Joy of Fashion (And you have also been nominated before.)
As this is just for fun please don’t feel you have to participate. If you don’t feel like it or these kinds of things aren’t for you or even if you just plain hate that Laura from rockthatfrock, then no worries!
Ok here are my 11 questions:
- What would be your perfect day?
- What is your favourite pizza topping?
- If you could have one super power what would it be?
- What celebrity crush do you have?
- What band would you camp out all night to get tickets to see?
- If reincarnation is the way of the universe what do you think you will come back as?
- What phrase or idiom do you think makes no sense?
- What is your favourite movie line?
- What is your all time favourite joke?
- Please make up a word and tell us the meaning.
- What is the worst flavour of ice cream?