I’ve noticed a pattern in blogger interviews. The first question Blogger A will ask Blogger B in an interview is: “Who is your style icon?” . I don’t have a style icon (not that anyone has asked me!) but this has really got me thinking about who or what I want to look like.
If someone told me they could make me look like anyone else in the world via a wave of a magic wand of some sorts, I’d be really tempted to say “OK, Kristen Bell be ready to meet your double!”. But I don’t think that is what a style icon is meant to be. Let’s face it I can’t be a petite blonde no matter how hard I try! So I started looking for my characteristics in people whose style I admire, instead of finding a person who I think is stunning and then feeling a bit bummed out that it just won’t ever work out! That doesn’t mean I won’t admire the woman who don’t look at all like me, I’m just not going to beat myself up because THEY don’t look like ME!
So my search criteria for my style icons are: Dark hair, fair skin and hourglass figure. And these are the ones that fit the bill:
- Sandra Bullock – Who doesn’t love her?
- Courtney Cox – I love her casual style. Casual, but put together.
- Kate Beckinsale – I like her style for being very well groomed.
- Katy Perry – I prefer her style when it is a bit more demure and covered up. I love how she makes getting dressed quirky and fun!
- Catherine Zeta-Jones – This Welsh beauty has a classic style that can’t go wrong.
- Dita Von Teese – Now, this one is a surprise to me! (Once again, I’m talking about the covered version). I love how she knows how to dress for her figure and how her look seems timeless. (I am far to lazy to attempt the hair and make-up, so I’m just going to skip that.)
So I seem to be in very good company! What a lovely ego boost!